Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tea time

wedgwood cup no1

Last week, I just purchased a teapot from Wedgwood factory shop online store, for its lower price and reasonable shipping fee. My flavor of black tea started since I met my supervisor. He had a lot influence on me during the school days in the US.

The 4 o'clock tea break is still a vivid event in my mind. Whether I was in busy or not, Doss always invited me to to his office have a cup of tea. I also had the opportunity to meet his friends or students during tea break. Then, I became a technician in the language lab in the semester. I was able to help preparing boiling water, milk, Brooke bond red label tea, and making a pot of tea just before 4 o'clock. Manfa's family also joined us almost every time; sometime John & Himanshu did. This was one of the most wonderful time in every weekday; especially, when I encountered difficulties. I could stop to think and relax myself in the middle of a day and had small talk with Doss.

wedgwood cup 02

Doss is a kind, knowledgeable, encouraging, and wise person. He is willing to help international student. Starting from the time I know his family, also my neighbor, I visited him to learn English speech every night. Several time, he assisted me go through my hard time in the US. There were a lot stories to be told... Thank you, Doss.

Today I received the teapot, and I will have my first black tea in Taiwan.

wedgwood tea pot

2 comments:

唐恩霖 (Craig) said...

Hey Wei-shin--

A couple weeks ago, for my wife's birthday, I bought a teapot at the Taiwan Handicraft Promotion Center. It's made by the Eilong company, and there's a picture of it here.

We actually don't drink tea much, but we really like the look of the teapots here. It's just hard to find one that we like--and can also afford.

Later,
Craig

Wei-Shin said...

Hi Craig,

Wow, the teapot you bought is so elegant and beautiful. It is good to know people who drink tea. And it is also nice to hear from you.

Wei-Shin